Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are you guys still lovebirds???


A couple of weeks ago Jed and the boys and I were in the family room watching T.V. At some point Jed leaned over and gave me a kiss, to which Will said, "are you guys still lovebirds? "
Well of course we said. I thought it was quite cute of him to say that with such innocence.
But more importantly, I realized that it is good for kids to know their parents love each . I remember seeing my parents kissing and hugging each other when we were growing up, and although it wasn't alot, it was nice to see! I know other people who grew up never seeing that kind of affection or kindness in their parents relationships.
We have the opportunity to be the biggest influence of anyone in our kids lives, if we don't, someone else will. I love that Jed and I feel comfortable enough to show affection and small acts of kindness. I hope the boys will remember those things and incorporate them into their relationships as well.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Hey, way cute photo. Who took it?

Cakegirl Lorilou said...

This was taken at the Brigham Young house in St. George. Our friend Donna took this photo along with all of our engagement and wedding photos.