
Okay, so anyone who has spent any time in Primary should know this song. We sing it almost every week lately! Some of the kids have improvised and added their own words, which I will not put down here, you will just have to ask me about it sometime. Believe me though, it is hysterically funny!I realized today that we have not told you about our most time consuming, and rewarding project that we have going on this summer. What do you get when you have 2 eggplant plants, 9 zuchinni/squash plants, 7 tomato plants, 3 pumpkin plants, 1 watermelon plant and 3 pepper plants and 2 cucumber plants??? A stellarly beautiful garden, of course!
Other than the garden I remember planting with my parents when we were really young, this is the first real garden I have ever had. Luckily for me, Jed knows what he's doing. He has been the major caretaker of the garden and I just get to enjoy the fruits of his labors. We have been eating fresh squash and zuchinni pretty much every night. As soon as the tomatoes come on, we are going to be in some serious trouble. Heaven forbid we eat too much healthy food.
I have loved it though. I has been fun to see the progress from little plants that we were not so sure would even make it to the wonderful plethora of food that is now thriving in our backyard.
No comments:
Post a Comment