Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Star Wars Halloween continued

Here are the long awaited photos from Halloween. I must preface the photos with a little info. William was going to wear a costume we ordered from ebay...you know, one of those cheesy pre-fab things. We got the costume by mail a week before the big day and it was even more cheesy than we thought it would be. AND it was really, really small. So we had a dilemma. A little boy who really wanted to be Obi Wan Kenobi more than anything else in the world and a really stupid cheesy pre-fab costume. I decided I could put together a way better costume on my own and as you will see, I did a much better job. On Monday night I ran over to Wal-Mart and found the perfect fabric and a pattern for a cape. I was able to get the fabric cut out on Tuesday and my very helpful sewing queen mother -in-law threw the cape together in a matter of minutes while I was at work on Wednesday. My big worry was the boots. Where o' where would we find some really cool Obi Wan boots? Remeber my little shopping trip to wally world? I happened by the shoe department (the womens section-don't tell Will) and found the perfect ugg type boots. YAHOO! I was well on my way to becoming super step-mom and creating a kick-butt costume. Everything else was gathered from my closet and the boys closet and wallah: we have a super cool Obi Wan Kenobi costume.

Jens' costume was much easier to procure. Jens wanted to dress up as Darth Maul, also of Star Wars fame. We found a great mask and cape on ebay and it was perfect. We just threw on some black clothes and we had the perfect villian.
So check out the photos of the characters we found online and compare to what we came up with...pretty great if I do say so myself.

No comments: