I volunteered to make the pies this year. Yeah, I know, what a surprise! Anyway, we're having Thanksgiving dinner with Jed's family this year. Jed gets a magazine called "Cook's Illustrated" and they have a fantastic sounding pumpkin pie! If anyone is familiar with the PBS show "America's Test Kitchen", this magazine is the print version of the show. They test and test and test all kinds of different recipes and kitchen gadgets and baking methods to determine what they think is the best. Kind of like "Consumer Report" for food. I like pumpkin pie, but don't LOVE it. I am hoping this recipe will give me a reason to make pumpkin pie more than once a year.Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thanksgiving goodness...yummy pies
I volunteered to make the pies this year. Yeah, I know, what a surprise! Anyway, we're having Thanksgiving dinner with Jed's family this year. Jed gets a magazine called "Cook's Illustrated" and they have a fantastic sounding pumpkin pie! If anyone is familiar with the PBS show "America's Test Kitchen", this magazine is the print version of the show. They test and test and test all kinds of different recipes and kitchen gadgets and baking methods to determine what they think is the best. Kind of like "Consumer Report" for food. I like pumpkin pie, but don't LOVE it. I am hoping this recipe will give me a reason to make pumpkin pie more than once a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment