Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's in a name

I have had many a nickname in my life. I grew up being known as pinky by my dad. The rest of the family called me lor. I had a roommate who called me Lori-Charles (I have no middle name so Charles came from the name of the first person we saw as we were discussing this obvious oversight on my parents part). I have friends and roommates who changed that up a bit to lors and/or lori lou. My husband calls me Lo. Most recently my step-son Will has been calling me doll face( I have no idea where that came from). Jed called me at work today and told me I have a new name...instead of being step-mom I will now be called the bonus mom. He and his mom were in a discussion and she suggested that since I have been such a trooper and been such a good "mother" to the boys, I should be called the bonus mom. I've never really like the step-mom term. It has kind of a negative connotation in my mind. I don't know...Bonus Mom kind of has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Bonus Mom is awesome. Don't we all have one or two women in our lives whom we consider our Bonus Mom?