Thursday, January 1, 2009

The New Year is here

We had a very uneventful new year's eve. We are currently down in St. George staying at my parents house. Mike, Andi and Rylee came over and we had dinner and played games for awhile and then they went home. We had promised the boys they could stay up until midnight. That is quite the treat for them. I really didn't think they would make it. I guess you should never underestimate the iron will of two precocious little boys. They finally went to bed at 3 a.m., and that was only because they were ordered to go to bed. I think they would have stayed up all night given the chance. Amazingly, Jens was up and ready to go just as early as he normally is. Well he attempted to anyway...he got dressed and came up and promptly fell asleep on the couch after he started watching T.V.
Today we went to uncle Paul's and borrowed his guns and took Mike and the boys out to the AZ strip to do some target shooting. It was a first for me and Will...our first , first of the new year! I'll have to post the pics when we get home. (We forgot that little usb cable thing and can't get our pictures up.) Yesterday we got out the model rockets Jens got for his birthday. The boys had a good time with dad and grandpa Al, building the rockets. Then we went over to the high school baseball field to shoot them off. Everyone had a "rockin" good time watching the take off and the kids especially enjoyed chasing after the rocket to be the first one to it when it landed. We are off to the funeral of a family friend of Jed's tomorrow and then I suppose we will find another little adventure for the boys for later in the day. All in all it has been a very quiet, relaxing time off from work. I don't know if I'm ready to go back. (SIGH) It has been almost two weeks and I guess I can't stay away forever. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe new year's eve. Happy New Year 2009!!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Doesn't sound uneventful to me! I'd say stay away from Lori with a gun in her hands. Is Jed insane to teach you to use such a weapon? :)