Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Operation Organization



At least 3-13 gallon garbage bags of shredded paper...
4 paper boxes of books to go to the used book store...
2 paper boxes of goodies to go to DI...
A ton of just plain garbage...
3 paper boxes of baseball cards...
Being totally grossed out a couple of times...
Having a feeling of great accomplishment...

What does all this mean? Let's just say my husband has a problem. ( I would say he is a pack-rat, but he doesn't like that term) He likes to keep everything he has ever come in contact with, whether it be a gas receipt, 10 year old Ensign magazine or junk mail. I did not see his room until a few weeks before we were married and I think that was by design-HIS. He thought that if I saw all the stuff he had in every conceivable corner of his room, I wouldn't marry him. Mainly because it was not in any kind of organized state whatsoever. In fact when we got married and began packing up his room, we literally just dumped stuff in boxes. I couldn't deal with all of the stuff at the time. I thought that once we were settled in PG and had the time, we could just speed through it all in an afternoon. I quickly learned this was not going to be an afternoon job. I was very naive to think that Jed had the same organizational style as me. So, I have let those boxes sit in my in laws storage for a year. In the back of my mind I could hear a little voice telling me to get at it and get er' done. But I also knew this was going to be quite a task. And it was. But guess what, after about two weeks of going through boxes and some negotiations on what we really needed to keep, the boxes have all been sorted. I love you honey, but I didn't love all that junk. It feels so good to have that accomplished. Now on to operation "clean desk".

1 comment:

Brett said...

Lori dont stop NOW!!! Next stop 3rd floor sewing room. Get 'er DONE!!