So, I went to a new doctor yesterday. My chiropractor told me to go see him a couple of month ago. I kept putting it off. This new doctor is a DO. Don't know what a DO is? That is a Doctor of Osteopathic medicine. Still don't know what a DO is? This is what the American Osteopathic Association says on their website: http://www.osteopathic.org/index.cfm?PageID=ado_whatis
"D.O.s bring something extra to medicine:
Osteopathic medical schools emphasize training students to be primary care physicians.
D.O.s practice a "whole person" approach to medicine. Instead of just treating specific symptoms or illnesses, they regard your body as an integrated whole.
Osteopathic physicians focus on preventive health care.
D.O.s receive extra training in the musculoskeletal system-your body's interconnected system of nerves, muscles and bones that make up two-thirds of your body mass. This training provides osteopathic physicians with a better understanding of the ways that an illness or injury in one part of your body can affect another.
Osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT) is incorporated into the training and practice of osteopathic physicians. With OMT, osteopathic physicians use their hands to diagnose illness and injury and to encourage your body's natural tendency toward good health. By combining all other available medical options with OMT, D.O.s offer their patients the most comprehensive care available in medicine today."
I liked this new Dr. He listened to me. He made suggestions. He did not just put me on more perscription drugs. But he did say I have a "bad gut." Sounds kind of bad huh? Well not really. It just means I need to have more good bacteria in my gut than what currently resides there. Doesn't that sound great? Just what I always wanted, more bacteria. I did a little google search and found out that if you've been on antibiotics(I've had three rounds in the last two months), your body becomes compromised and can't fight the bad bacteria very well. So, the DO suggested I take pro-biotics to get my gut back into perfect fighting shape. He suggested some other things, which I might write about later. But right now, I need to go take care of my gut!
2 comments:
Does that mean you need to eat more yogurt? I'm curious to find out what you can eat to get more good bacteria. Good luck getting the gut back in condition!
Yep, yogurt helps. But my doc wants me to get some probiotics pills to boost up the bacteria count.
Post a Comment