So, way back when, we decided to have a weight loss challenge. Not much of a challenge has been going on. I have been lazy and have not lost anything. Not even 1 lb., Jed initially lost weight that he says he hasn't put back on, my parents are kicking butt and have both lost at least 12 lbs. each. I don't know their exact numbers. My recent visits to the Dr. have revealed that my HDL cholesterol is low. That is not a good thing. I show all signs of being pre-diabetic and insulin resistant. That is also not good. The doc wanted me to get signed up for his HCG diet program. That costs about $1000. That is not good. He said if I didn't do the HCG, I should do the South Beach Diet. He thinks that is a pretty good place to start and accomplish a "lifestyle change" that will help me stay on track for the rest of my life.
So, I bought the book, which I have yet to read, and the book on CD, which I have listened to about half of, and I also signed up for the South Beach Diet online, which is a good way for me to track my progress, get meal plans, find recipes, and even use their online support group if I want. I plan to start for "real" tomorrow after I do some grocery shopping tonight. Based on what I know for Phase 1, I followed the plan for lunch. I had two heaping slices of french dip meat minus the bread(bread of any sort is bad in phase 1) and a huge bowl of mixed veggies. I can honestly say that it was easy. I'm just going to take it one day, one meal at a time. My cakegirllorilou blog will probably become more healthy. I guess I can always dream about the cakey things and add them to the list for others to enjoy.
My biggest challenge will be cutting out the sugars and carbs. There are absolutely no flours, sugars, carbs, fruits allowed in the first phase, which is two weeks long. I think I can survive two weeks. I guess it is to help eliminate the "carb cravings". Honestly, that is my biggest down fall. Those craving hit and I'm a goner. My weight loss ticker is now part of the blog. You can see my ups and downs and cheer me on. So, yes, for real, I am starting a weight loss plan. I have to. My doctor says so. And who doesn't do exactly what their doctor say?!
2 comments:
Good luck! Thanks for sharing a great meal with us, BTW--the food was FABULOUS and we all had so much stinkin' fun! Love you--and hey, YOU CAN DO IT!
Hey, we all can use more healthy recipes and will be glad to find them at your recipe blog. Hey, exercise also helps increase HDL levels. My friend, who is not a runner, wants to train for a 1/2 marathon in August. She will most likely walk/run it. We're both going to register. Want to join us? :)
Post a Comment