Monday, April 27, 2009

South Beach Grilled Chicken

Well folks, the South Beach diet is going pretty good. We started the week out really good, but due to lack of planning on our part, we fudged a little during the weekend. I can happily say though, that I have lost 5 pound since starting last Tuesday. Don't know if that is water weight or what, but I'll take anything I can get. Here is a really easy and tasty recipe we tried last Thursday night. The boys, especially Jens LOVED it. I think his comment was something like: "if this is diet food, we should eat more like this".

Grilled Chicken

serves 2

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 clove garlic, sliced
1 1/2 leaves of fresh sage
1/2 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tablespoons lemon juice

Instructions:
In a small bowl mix the sage, rosemary, garlic, vinegar, the extra virgin olive oil, pepper, and lemon juice. Rub the chicken with the marinade, then place chicken and marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Place in refrigerator, turning every 15 minutes for a total of 1 hour. While chicken is marinating, bring your grill up to high heat.
When ready to cook, remove chicken from bag, discarding rest of contents. Place chicken 6 inches over grill; turn the chicken over every few minutes. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear. Divide chicken onto 2 serving plates, serve.


Nutritional Information:
328 calories
34 total fat (6 g sat, 28 g mono)
72 mg cholesterol
0 g carbohydrate
20 g protein
0 g fiber
5 mg sodium

1 comment:

Carmen said...

I have the South Beach cookbook too and I LOVE it! everything is seriously so delicious. You should try the spinach stuffed chicken soufle, it's also a keeper!