Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week (or so) in Review

I guess it's been awhile and some people want an update on our lives. Honestly, I've just been very busy at work and haven't had time to post much lately. So, to sum up the last couple of weeks...Here goes.


On Friday of Father's Day weekend, my parents took Adam, Aaron and Jed and I out to dinner. They came up north for my mom's uncles funeral. So, it was perfect timing to celebrate Adam's birthday. It was great to get together with everyone, as we don't do it very often. I often joke that Jed had a better relationship with my brother Aaron, because he talks to him and sees him more than I do. The fly fishing bug has bitten Jed and he tries to go out with Aaron whenever he can. We picked up the boys on Saturday night and had them for a week. On Father's day, we had Jed open his presents. William was dying to have him open the gift we found for him. He kept giving away too many hints about what it was. I told him if he continued and gave it away, we would take it back. The boy can't keep a secret to save his life! So, what was the gift Will just couldn't wait to give? It was a lemonade stand drink mixer that looks just like the picture above. It really is kind of fun.
We also got Jed this... Apparently he HATES microwave popcorn. I never knew this until a couple of weeks ago. No wonder it never gets used unless the kids are here. It is so easy to use, we made popcorn nearly every day the boys were here. I have to say, it is much better than the microwave stuff!

The kids had a sleep over with the cousins a couple of times while they were here. That's always a treat(for the parents who don't have the kids at their house)! The boys went to the PG pool with the cousins, a Bee's baseball game with dad and Lori and the Transformers movie with the cousins. Jens got to go on a "Beacon" trek as well. Our stake is doing a pioneer trek this summer and they decided to do a one day trek for the deacons and beehives. They went up to This is the Place monument and spent the day learning a little about pioneer history and what it was like to live during that time. They had to push a handcart up a hill and do all kinds of fun pioneer stuff. He had a lot of fun. but said it was hard work. I think a little hard work is good for you. We're glad he was able to do that this week.


All in all it was a good week. We had fun with the boys and it was nice to have them for more than the week end. We'll get them for two straight weeks in July and then another week in August. So, I'm sure we'll have more adventures to talk about then.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm glad work is more busy. It sounds like life at home is busy, too. Welcome to summer with children, right? It will be fun when our kids and their cousins of the same age will be old enough to hang out together like that. So, at our next get-together you guys will bring the lemonade and popcorn, correct? :)