Monday, August 3, 2009

Exhausted

When the boys left after two straight weeks last Sunday night, we both let out a collective sigh of relief! Not that we don't love having the boys, because we do. But boy do they make us tired... More laundry, more food to fix, more fights to referee, more love to dole out, less alone time for us, more family activities. Plus we both still worked our normal hours while they were here. All last week, I just vegged out after I got home from work. No housework, no projects, nothing! I just wanted to relax because we didn't have all of the busy-ness that the boys add to our lives. It takes a lot out of you when you have to be a full time parent! I guess we should consider ourselves lucky for the time being and enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Enjoy the time alone or the time with the boys? :) It is exhausting. I can't imagine working full-time and parenting. My hats off to you and Jed and to my own husband who has to work, be dad and husband (which is probably harder than the first two combined)!