Friday, September 11, 2009

Presidential Speech and Bully's

There has been a lot of debate and heated discussions about the speech the President gave this week to the nations school children. I work with a lady whose brother in law pulled his children out of school on the day of the speech because he didn't want his children subjected to such "propaganda". Now, I have to admit I really don't like Obama. Don't care for him or his ideas at all! But, Jed and I talked about this a little bit and think it was kind of silly for so many people to get so crazed about this. I read the text of the speech. I don't understand what everyone is so up in arms about. Curious to know what the kids thought, we asked them last night if they watched the speech at school. Jens' school did not broadcast the speech. Will's did. I asked Will what he thought about the speech and what he learned. In classic Will fashion, he bluntly stated: "I realized I shouldn't bully kids so much". Oh really, we thought. Who are you bullying? We asked. "The little kindergarteners", Will said. Hey, if the speech prompted him to quit picking on little kids, I think it was worth having him watch it.

No comments: