Friday, October 30, 2009

HSG Test Results

I had the HSG done yesterday. It was painful. I did not like that. They take a tiny catheter and feed it into the uterus. It has two small openings on the end of it. One has a small balloon that they enlarge once it is in place. It is about the size of a small marble. Then they inject the die from the other opening. That is what caused the pain. Boy o' boy was it painful. It caused cramping that was more painful than any cramping I have ever had. I nearly passed out. You know how you know your gonna pass out because you get all sweaty and clammy and can't breath and the whole world is spinning? Yep, that was me yesterday. And the tech just kept telling me to relax and breath slowly, deep breaths in and out. Yeah, right! I'm in intense pain and she's telling me to relax?
The good news is that all looks good. There was good flow of the die through both fallopian tubes and into the pelvic area. The PA who did the test said everything looked really good. I was very happy to know that there is no blockage in the tubes, which was what my OB was worried about. I think the next step will be to set up an appointment with the Infertility doctor and see what he recommends.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Ouch, Lors. I'm impressed that you did not pass out. It's nice that everything checked out ok. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Ali said...

Lori!
What a pain (literally and figuratively!)
Sorry I am commenting late..apparently my updater isn't working on your blog. I'm relieved for you that everything looks good. I hope things go better for you than this test (with good results and less pain!)