I have a bunch of bananas that need to be used up. The boys will be with us tomorrow and William LOVES banana bread. I think this will be a great treat to make for the boy.
Buttery Blonde Banana Bread-recipe found here
1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs well beaten
1 C mashed bananas (about 3 ripe bananas)
4 T buttermilk
1 3/4 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
dash baking soda
1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add the eggs, bananas, buttermilk and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
5. Mix until just combined....don't over mix.
6. Grease loaf pans generously. (I had a bit of trouble getting mine out.) Pour the batter into the pans.
7. Bake for 55 minutes at 350.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
1 comment:
Sounds yummy. I almost want to go to the store and get old bananas just to make it. :)
Post a Comment