I drive a super cool, super old minivan. I inherited it when I got married. I drive it vs. my Durango because let's face it, the Durango is a gas HOG and driving 38 miles back and forth every day adds up to a big chunk of gas change! We had decided that since both vehicles are paid for we would just drive them into the ground and then go from there. Well with repairs looming on the van that aren't really worth it, we think we might be in the market for a new car in the next couple of months once we get a couple of bills paid off...two more months on Jed's student loans. YEAH!!Our top pick of a fun little get me to work and back with good gas mileage kind of care is a mini cooper. Can't you just see me parading around town in a cute little red mini with the top down, wind blowing my hair into a mangy, knotted mess. Yeah, I kinda like the idea of it. SWOON...this is the dream!

The reality...mini coopers are freakin' expensive for such a small car! SNIFF :(
While doing some research we have found that one of the top rated cars for great gas mileage is the VW Jetta or Golf/Rabbit. I used to dream about having VW Rabbit when I was in high school. (I guess I've always kind of wanted a cute little convertible, but always figured it was out of reach.)
On the contrary, they are pretty good priced little vehicles, and there are some great sales going on right now. 
So, I guess we will be doing some car shopping soon after the last check for the pesky student loan is cleared. I can't wait!
2 comments:
Just a suggestion, make sure you get a 4-door car! 2 door car + car seat = pain in the NECK!
My dream is a mini cooper, too. I want mine like the one Charlize Theron drove in The Italian Job so that I can fit in it.
Post a Comment