Thursday, May 6, 2010

Coincidence? I think not.

So today was crazy. I have been suffering with a sinus migraine for two days. Not feeling great and not in the best of moods. Jed left for his 2ND weekend of Wood Badge training(scouting stuff) early this morning. I was to pick up the boys from school because it is our night to have them. I went to get Will as usual and we were on our way to go get some pizza for dinner while we waited for Jens. Got a call from Jed saying that Jens called him but didn't leave a message...usually means something is up, like he missed the bus or something. However, today he wasn't taking the bus home. I was supposed to pick him up at school at 4:00 because he was supposed to stay after to work on a project. When Jed got his call he figured something was up so he told me to go up to the school. 15 minutes later we get there and Jens is no where to be found. I had the office call him but he never showed. So, I figure he must have nixed the project and taken the bus home. So, another 15 minutes later we get to their house and sure enough, Jens had taken the bus home. I decided to still go on to our favorite little pizza place in Provo and so we jet on over there. We ordered and waited patiently. As we were waiting, two ladies walked in and stepped up to the counter.

Earlier in the day, when I left work I thought "hey, you should call Aunt Chris and tell her Adam and Val had their baby this week". So when I got to Will's school and was waiting for him to get out, I tried to look up Chris' number so I could give her a call. No Dice! When my phone died back in January I lost all of my numbers because they couldn't transfer the data. I was pretty bummed out as I was looking forward to talking to Aunt Chris. Fast forward to the pizzeria...the two ladies who were standing there at the counter about to order were no other than Aunt Chris and my cousin Becky! Had my afternoon gone as planned, we would have already gotten our pizza and been long gone.

What are the odds? Well, I live in Pleasant Grove and venture over to Provo maybe once a week. Becky is a busy, single student who lives in Provo. Aunt Chris is a busy nurse who lives in Salt Lake. Again I ask what are the odds that all three of us end up in a little pizzeria in Provo at 4:15 in the afternoon?

Thankfully I was able to chat with them for a while, tell them about my new niece Zoe and other things going on in my life. I know some people would just pass this off as coincidence, but I know there was a higher power involved in us being in the same place at the same time. I needed that short but sweet little chat to calm my mind about some things that I couldn't discuss with Jed because he is away. I am so grateful that we have someone watching out for us and giving us little pushes in the right directions when we really need it.

3 comments:

Alan Ray Eggleston said...

Thank you Lori for strengthening my faith. Pops

beck beck said...

Yay! I'm so glad we ran into you. It was rather fortuitous. And I'm also SO excited about your big news! Can't wait to meet the "little bean". :)

Hannah said...

Thanks, Lors. Things happen for a reason. I love your Aunt Chris and can't believe Becky is old enough to be on her own in Provo!!!