BEFORE
This was all the junk that I found on the floor and under the bed after one weekend visit. Due to the stuff under the bed that I found after he claimed to "clean" his room, I became the mean step mom and took out the bed frames. The bed is now resting comfortably on the carpet. We also moved the second set of bed springs and mattress on top of the first to make room for baby. Will loves the high bed though so I guess it is a win-win.
I sanded down the desk and spray painted it. To add a little extra oomph, I found the map and distressed it and mod podged it to the top. I also sanded down the nightstand and spray painted it. I made a bed skirt with some matching sheets I found on clearance at Wal-Mart.
I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. It ties everything together and gives the room a pretty cohesive feeling. We also had Will pick out a couple of posters to put up. Of course they had to be Star Wars! He wanted something to hang/display his light sabers on. After a little searching around, I found two wine holders at IKEA and turned them into weapon holders.
AFTER
When Jed was at Wood Badge training for Scouts in May, he saw this display below and fell in love. Part of completing the Wood Badge training includes completing "TICKETS" . The tickets are goals that they have 18 months to complete. They are meant to help develop the training skills they learned during the course. From what I understand, the tickets can be related to personal development, helping the community etc.
One of the goals Jed decided on was to re-create the display of the Scout Law, Scout Motto and Scout Slogan and donate it to our home troop here in Pleasant Grove. So, this has been an ongoing project for the last couple of months. We have a friend in the ward who has a nice workshop and Jed has been over there almost every free moment trying to get the boards cut to size, and routed.
Most recently I have been helping with the stenciling of the words and then pass it off to Jed to do the wood burning. It has been quite the project! But it is coming together nicely. I can't wait to see the finished product.
2 comments:
You busy little bee! Seriously.
Is it something to do with nesting, the need to refinish furniture? I just did my dresser and am eyeing some other pieces around the house. Your redo turned out GREAT in the Will/baby room! I love the idea for a lightsaber holder and may have to borrow that one! And Jed's project is quite ambitious--way to go!
Lors, how do you have the energy to do it all? It turned out great. How cute to imagine a little baby in there.
Post a Comment