Another year has come and gone. A year older and a year wiser? Maybe. It's funny how the older you get, the less things seem to change and the less exciting birthday's seem to be. Jed's family always has a birthday dinner each month for the people celebrating a birthday. I happen to be the only March birthday in the family, so I get to choose the menu. We had the most succulent steaks I think I have ever had! Costco rocks...as far as meat goes. Seriously, I can't remember a better steak in my life...melt in your mouth YUMMY! We also did a mozzarella, tomato and basil salad, Maggie's now famous pretzel jello salad, and roasted veggies. To finish it off we had a Chocolate Sacher torte(also from Costco). I talk about the food, because, well I love food and when I get good food, to me, it is worth writing about. I had a great birthday. Pretty low key. I actually got my present a few weeks ago. Jed and I went to RC Willey with the intent to look at cushioned rocker/recliners. I thought that would be a nice treat to have. Jed got a generous bonus from work and we wanted to spend a bit of it on something nice. (By the way, the chairs in our mothers room at church are so comfy. I could spend the entire 3 hour block in there and be perfectly happy.) That is where the idea for a chair came into play. Once we got looking, it became pretty apparent that the kind of chair we wanted was much more than we were willing to spend. So, we just did a little "window shopping" throughout the rest of the store. We looked at bedroom sets, specifically bed frames, and became a little enamoured with the thought of buying one. We got money from my parents as a wedding gift to buy a bed frame from IKEA, but once we actually went to the store and checked them out, we weren't impressed at all. Needless to say that money was spent on other things and we have been sleeping on a bed for the last three years that has either been on the floor or on a cheap metal frame we borrowed from the SIL. I have yearned for a bed frame, but dang! Do you know how much a King size frame is? They are horribly expensive. Anyway, back to my birthday present miracle. So after leaving RC Willey in Orem, we decided to take a quick trip to their clearance center a few blocks away in Provo to check out what they had. We walked right in, saw the bedroom set you see in the picture above, saw the price, ran to find a salesman and said we'll TAKE IT! Paid for it and were out of there in less than an hour. The price of the entire set was less than most King size frames alone. It was the last one they had in stock and was clearanced out because it was "last year's model" or whatever. Hey we don't care what year it came from. We liked it. The price was right. And we love having a set of furniture that matches. I told Jed this could be my birthday, anniversary, Christmas present. Maybe that was a mistake to jumble them all into one gift. But it is a pretty big gift and I do love it, so maybe that is OK...as long as he at least gets me flowers on the designated dates too. :) So, yeah Happy Birthday to Me!
1 comment:
I love it! I would really like a nice bedroom set, too, but am willing to wait until we get to a house where it would actually fit. I'm so glad you had a good birthday. Facebook has made me a total slacker when it comes to birthdays. I feel like as long as I post it on facebook, I don't need to call. I should have called. Anyway, glad to hear it was nice and you got a beautiful present.
Post a Comment