Thursday, June 2, 2011

5ish Months

Well I would like to post some 5 month photos, since we are already overdue, but we have lost our camera. So a photo-less post will have to do. This month Baden has made a lot of changes and seems to learning new things daily! First on the list is that he has mastered rolling over-both tummy to back and back to tummy. He also has his first tooth poking through and a second one not far behind. We can see the white of it through the gums, it just hasn't come through yet. I am thinking it will be any day now. Baden seems to like it when we rub his gums. I guess that helps relieve the pain a little. He got a major UTI a couple of weeks ago. At first we thought his feverishness was related to teething. But after two days of up and down(low grade) fevers and a middle of the night wake up when he had a fever of 101 we decided to take him in to see the doc. They did the normal urine testing and also sent it in for cultures. Sure enough he had a UTI. I feel bad we didn't get him in sooner. It would have saved a lot of fussiness and crankiness for us and him. Unfortunately it was a strain of bacteria that was resistant to the Septra that he is currently taking. So we had to get a new prescription for a different antibiotic in order to kick that little bug to the curb. He seems to be feeling better now. This is his 2nd UTI since he was diagnosed in February. I've been playing phone tag with his Dr. from Primary Children's. She did say in her last message that it was very concerning that he has had two infections in such a short time and she would like to change his antibiotic to something else. I am hoping to talk to her today to get more details on what she wants to do for the foreseeable future. Other "accomplishments" that Baden has made...he is now up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. He knows he wants to move, but just hasn't figured out how to do that yet. I'm sure it won't be long before he is crawling all over the place! The boy is very ticklish and we can incite a huge giggle just about any time. He is also enthralled with the fish. If he is crying and we just can't get him to calm down, taking him over to the fish tank quiets him almost immediately. He is now holding his bottle pretty much on his own. He does it in kind a funky, fan dangled way, but hey whatever works, right?

I look at this little boy, who is not so little anymore and wonder how he has gotten so big so fast. My how the time flies by. I wish we could just pause time for a little bit so we could make sure to enjoy each moment. That has been the hardest change for me...take the time to enjoy the moment. I'm so used to running around and not paying attention to little details. But that is what everyone always tells me..."enjoy each moment, they grow up so quickly". We are loving this time with our little guy and I am really trying to enjoy each moment.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I can't believe he's up and rocking at five months! He'll be running and into stuff before you know it.

So sad about the UTIs, poor little guy. I hope the doctors find something that works better.