Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ella's Blessing

We blessed our beautiful Ella girl on Sunday, October 27th in the Lone Pine Ward Chapel. Jed gave her a beautiful blessing and I'm so thankful he is worthy to pronounce these blessings upon our children.  Our new ward does something I really like.  After the blessing is over, they have the mom stand and be recognized.  After all, we are the ones who do a lot of the hard work. :)  Our stake president happened to be attending our ward that day and asked the bishop to have me come up and bear my testimony as well. I was totally unprepared and kind of went blank as to what to say.  But the gist of it was this: "We are so grateful for this baby girl.  She truly is a miracle in more ways than one.  As is her brother. We are so thankful for these beautiful children and couldn't be happier that they are ours on this earth. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the blessings it brings. I know God lives and blesses us every day." 

After the meeting, the Stake President came up and talked to me briefly.  Thanking me for my testimony and hoping that it was OK that he had done that.  I told him it was perfectly fine, I needed it actually! 

 We are so fortunate to have so many family who live close by.  We are thankful to all who came and supported us that day.  Unfortunately, we were so busy eating and chatting it up after the meeting, we didn't get any photos of those who were there.  We had Grandma and Grandpa Anderson(Bruce), Grandma and Grandpa Eggleston(Al), Uncle Adam, Zoey, Val, Uncle Mike, Jen, Cody, RyLee, Kelly, Uncle Robb, Maggie, Chandler, Olivia, Kyle, Aunt Gina, Aunt Chris and Uncle Keith and their grand kids Bradley, Maggie and Josh, Becky Kay(my cousin), Will, Jens, Baden, and ourselves.  I think that was everyone.  Needless to say, we had a full house!  We love to have family over, especially so the kids can make lasting relationships with their cousins and other family members. 

Here's a photo dump of Ella in her blessing dress.  I am trying to figure out how to get some good photos with the mediocre camera that we have.  Thank goodness for Picasa!  I had fun trying to edit the photos and figure out how to make them look a bit better.
Ella with her blessing certificate 
 
 
She did not like the ridiculously huge bow.  
 

We're finally getting some smiles, or some attempts at smiles.  


love this close up of her tiny, perfect fingers 

I should mention that this quilt is the perfect backdrop for photos of Ella in her blessing dress.  If you look closely you will see some of the squares are a white eyelet fabric.  Ella's beautiful blessing dress is also made from eyelet fabric.  I LOVE this dress!  Karen wanted to buy it for Ella and I am so happy she did. I was looking for something simple yet beautiful and I think it really compliments our little girl nicely.   Ella was also blessed with a lovely shawl that her dad and all of his siblings were blessed in.  Again, I failed to get a picture of it.  So we'll have to see if we can get a photo of it for later.  The quilt is made from fabric that Karen has been saving for many years.  I believe she initially made similar quilts and sold them when they lived in California.  She had saved the fabric in yellows and pinks so she could make a special quilt for all of her granddaughters.  Unfortunately, it has been a long wait, as the only other granddaughter Karen and Bruce have is almost 12 now.  These girls are so blessed to have a grandma who makes beautiful quilts.
 
Again, we feel so blessed to have this cutie pie on our lives and are so thankful for such a beautiful day to give her a name and a blessing.

No comments: