Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Wasatch County Classic


When I think of the Heber Valley, which is where I grew up, many things come to mind. The beautiful scenery, lots of places to go hiking, great fishing, The Heber Creeper, Grandma Dorothy's house, and even that famous shake place that really isn't very good anymore. But the reason for this post is because we got to go and see an all time classic of Wasatch County on Saturday night...

The 38th Annual Search and Resuce Demolition Derby!!!!!!!!! Compliments of brother in law Robb and his wife Maggie, we got second row seats to this premier event.
Now, for those of you who have not experienced such an event, it really needs to be experience at least once in your lifetime. This was Maggie's first derby. I think she had fun. The derby is the opening event for the annual Wasatch County Fair Days, and boy does it draw a crowd. It was almost as much fun to people watch as it was to see grown men fulfill their childhood dreams of playing crash up derby with real cars. It was a hoot!!!! The night started with rain and it ended with rain. After about the 5th round with two or three more to go, it started to rain, and rain hard, so we skipped out early and headed back on up the canyon. It was fun to go back up to Heber and re-live one of my childhood memories! I'm sure we'll be back again. I think the boys would LOVE the derby.





1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hey, it's a date for next summer ... that is if we can score tickets. Thanks for coming today. It was fun to see you!