At the beginning of August, I began working 10 hr. days and get the benefit of having 1 day off during the week. At first getting up early enough to get to work @ 7 a.m. was torture. It is getting a little bit easier... Although Jed may beg to differ. He thinks that I am not a morning person. I have no idea why he would feel that way, I think I have a VERY SUNNY accountance at 5:30 in the morning. Truthfully though, I am loving the extra day off during the week. I get so much more done at home and that leaves me more time to spend with my hubby or do other things. YEAH!
The boys started back to school last week. I think they were quite excited to go back, Jens especially. He tested in the top 95% of the nation in science last school year and was invited to apply to a magnet school. He was accepted and is now going to Grandview for this acelerated program. We're trying not to let this go to his head too much. He seems to think he is smarter than everyone else around him, which might be true in the science area for me. We have to remind him now and again that he doesn't need to gloat about his accomplishment quite so much.
2 comments:
We love the four tens as well. The workdays are tiring, but that extra day off is wonderful. This weekend it is especially great ... a nice four-day Labor Day weekend. Loverly.
Congrats to Jens! That's a pretty cool deal.
Ugh, I hated working 4 10's. I am definitely NOT a morning person, so instead I'll get to be up all night in a few more months. Sigh. What was I thinking?!?
Post a Comment