Saturday, September 13, 2008

Well, it has been quite a while since our last posting. A lot has happened in a few short weeks. First and foremost, Lori got a new job. HOORAY!!!
I applied for a job at the corporate offices in West Valley on a whim. Didn't really think I was qualified or would even get called for an interview. Much to my surprise I was called and asked to do a phone interview on a Tuesday. They called me back on Thursday night and wanted me to come in ASAP for an in-person interview. Because of the Labor Day holiday that weekend, I wasn't able to go in until the next Tuesday.
Apparently I was on the short list of people they were really interested in. When I showed up for the interview on Tuesday, the first thing the hiring manager said to me was they wanted to offer me the job but just wanted me to make the drive to make sure I was ok with it. The drive is about 35-45 minutes from our house in PG. The drive is not that bad since it's all on the freeway and passes by pretty quickly. So I told them I would love to accept the position.
I have had a pretty difficult time in my office in Provo and have not really enjoyed working there. I had taken that job so we could keep medical benefits and it was easy to transfer from St. George, but it has not been such a pleasant experience.
So, this has all worked out really great! I'm out of the Provo office, get a raise and will be working on something that will actually be a challenge for me. Not the same old boring stuff that I have been doing in Provo.
I'm finishing out my two weeks in Provo, and will start the new job on Sept. 22. I can hardly wait!!!

No comments: