
My lovely husband Jed loves to cook and experiment with new things in the kitchen. So, as an avid EBAY-er he has found many a thing to help in the creating of these new and experimental cooking experiences. The latest EBAY purchase is a sausage stuffer/fruit press. DUAL uses, WOW! A couple of weeks ago we got to taste the "fruits" of his labors in the form of home made brawtwurst! I have to say that I am sometimes skeptical of his projects and how they will turn out, but happily this one had a happy ending. Jed and the boys spent several hours working on cutting 2 pork shoulders down into small enough pieces that they could put through the grinder on the Kitchen Aid. After adding all of the spices and such, Jed and his brother Robb, spent a couple of hours stuffing the brats. I have decided the stuffer/fruit press will be a nice addition to our kitchen aresnal. The sausages were really quite tasty and the boys had fun with this little project.
2 comments:
huh, I never really knew how sausage was made. I wonder if I would be more or less inclined to want to eat it if I actually witnessed how it was prepared? Maybe Jed will give it a whirl again over the Thanksgiving holiday?
Congrats on the new job! I can't believe you're already moving on from Provo...oh wait, yes I can! What a great opportunity!!!
Hey, we want to have you over but I think I'm a little intimidated to cook when you and your husband are so freakin' awesome in the kitchen!
miss you!
Post a Comment