We went to the gym tonight and had a free health evaluation and workout with a trainer. First let me start by saying that 3 hours after we are done and my legs still aren't functioning properly after doing what seemed like a million of these.
Well, really it was just the length of half a basketball court and back. We also did a set of squats while throwing a medicine ball at the wall. I came to realize very quickly how out of shape I am. My legs still feel like jello. I hope they have recovered by tomorrow. I have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to my desk at work.
Part of the evaluation was to take our body fat measurement. I am embarrassed to say mine is 39. Yes folks, that's right my body fat is 39%! Jed's was lower at a whopping 38%. I knew it was bad, but to see the actual numbers staring us in the face was very sobering. It kind of stung a little too. I mean gosh, how could I go from running 3 miles in less than 30 minutes on a semi regular basis with Amy-cakes and the gang just a few short years ago to this?
After the lunges and squats workout, we also did an ab workout. That was more action than my abs have seen in years. By the way, working on my abs is my least favorite thing to do. That might be one reason they are nowhere to be seen. My body has been pushed to the limit tonight. I know it will thank me one day soon by giving me more energy and slimming down, but right now it is yelling at me for letting it get so sadly out of shape.

1 comment:
We set up our little weight machine and I lifted a very little two nights ago. Last night while I was sleeping, I realized that my tricepts were so, so sore! You'd think that hauling my big lad around would toughen me up a bit. Nope.
Post a Comment