Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Power's Out...Let's Sleep In


This morning as Jed's first alarm went off at 4:50, I heard him say the power was out. What!? I thought in my sleep induced fog. Well, guess that means we'll have to sleep in. Believe me, I was not sad at all. Not even a little bit. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to stay in bed and catch a few extra z's and then try to drag my sore body out of bed. Truthfully, my legs feel like they have cinder blocks attached to them after last nights work out. And they were very sore. Jed stayed in bed as well since he works from home and no power means he's pretty much dead in the water. Fast forward to about 7:00. I finally got up to go to the bathroom...I just couldn't wait any longer and figured I'd have to leave the comfort of my warm bed and take care of business in the bathroom in the dark. As I opened our bedroom door, I immediately saw that the clock on the stove was lit up and working. Huh? Turns out the breaker for our bedroom had been tripped for some weird reason. Don't we feel silly!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Good for you guys for getting into shape. I think the most difficult part is just committing to get started, once you get the hang of a routine it all seems to fall into place and become less of a hassle and more just a part of the day. I will be right back in that gym after this next baby decides to join our family, so I will be feeling that pain with you!