Friday, February 13, 2009

The Best Life

Many moons ago I bought this book with the intention of changing my eating habits and hopefully loose some weight in the process. Well, I got engaged, had to plan a wedding, moved and packed the book in a box and there it stayed until last week when we were going through some things that hadn't been unpacked yet. Jed perused the book the last couple of days and said to me yesterday that he would like to plan a menu and go shopping for next weeks food based on the book's plan. I am totally on board with that. When I originally read the book, I realized it wasn't really that much of a change, not really a diet per se. The menu includes a lot of foods that I already eat. Foods that I like to eat. The biggest and hardest sacrifice for me will be giving up the sweets. I know it won't be that bad. I did try this for a very short time before I got lazy and didn't take the time to follow through with it. AND I did feel better! I didn't even miss the cookies and donuts because replacing those with foods that have natural sugars was a nice transition. So, we're going to give this a shot again because quite frankly, I would like to see the numbers on the scale going down, not up.

No comments: