Friday, February 13, 2009

Living your BEST LIFE

The Best Life Diet is meant to help you change your eating habits, but it also helps you look at the "whole picture". As we go through this transition and start to live our best life (Jed and I), I'm going to do a weekly or bi-weekly blurb about what we are learning. Take it for what it is...I just want to share how we are trying to live a better, healthier, happier life. Whether you agree with us or not I hope you will understand what we are trying to do and take something good from our experiences. So here goes...

The book asks you to ask yourself the tough questions like "when was the last time you really took the time to think about who you are, what you want, and why you really want it?" Are you operating on autopilot? The purpose of asking these questions is to help you give some serious thought to one thing: YOURSELF.

I believe it all boils down to how much do you love yourself? Do you give yourself as much love and consideration as you do your family and those around you? If you don't, why not? In order to give love to others, you need to truly love yourself. That way you can give your best to those around you. I am making this my goal this week: show love for myself by taking the time to look good. I have gotten in a rut and just get up, shower and run out the door with little makeup and hair haphazardly pulled back. I sometimes think it doesn't really matter. But the truth is, on those days I do make the effort I feel about 1000 times better about myself than on the days I look like I just got out of bed. So this week I promise to take pride in how I look.

If you could do one thing this week to show more love to yourself, what would you do?

AND here are the Best Life Diet questions to ask yourself:
1. Why are you overweight?
2. Why do you want to lose weight?
3. Why have you been unable to maintain weight loss in the past?

1 comment:

Tyler V said...

Go Lors!
I had a similar realization recently (this week). It seems like I do well for a while and then get busy and slip back into old lazy habits. Good luck with it...I know I need the luck as well!