Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shoot em' up


Jens loading the gun.

William learning to shoot.

Will demonstrating what happens to an apple when it is shot by a rifle.
Mike, right on target.

While we were in St. George over Christmas break we borrowed Uncle Paul's guns and took the boys out to the Arizona strip and did some target practice. William and I had never shot a gun before so we had a teaching session from Jed. And then off we went. All in all it was a fun afternoon. Jed had wanted to get the boys a small rifle for Christmas, but we decided against it at the last minute. I'm kind of glad we didn't get it. I don't think they are ready for that yet...at least not William. He didn't quite grasp the concept that if your gun is loaded it is either down range or pointed up in the air. Thus he was relegated to picking up the targets after they were blasted away so he could get an idea of the damage one shot could do. I think that finally made him realize to some extent the power of guns.

No comments: