Well, it has been a while. I guess I just didn't feel like taking the time to sit down and write much. I was really enjoying the time off from work and worked really hard at doing pretty much nothing for those days off.
To start with we had a pretty great Christmas. We had the boys from their first day of Christmas break until 1:00 on Christmas day. We had a family dinner on the 23rd and it was absolutely delicious. Super yummy tender prime rib, with potatoes, and beans and salad, oh my! It was wonderful. We followed dinner up with cousins opening their gifts to each other(Logan, yours is in the mail). Due to the boys schedule, we decided to open gifts on Christmas Eve so they would have time to enjoy their gifts before they had to go back to their mom. We pulled off a great surprise of getting them a Wii. They loved it! But, I think I love it even more than them. We decided to spend the extra money and get the Wii Fit with the game console and it has been well worth it. The Wii fit get you all set up by calculating your weight, BMI, "fit age" and even has a goal plan you can set up. It saves everything in your profile so you can tell what progress you are making. Amazingly, we have spent more time playing Wii than we have been watching T.V. I think that is a pretty good trade off. We got the boys the Star Wars unleased game and William went to town on that one. He is becoming quite a good little Jedi in training.
The boys and I went with Maggie and her kids to see the new chipmunks movie on Christmas eve. Honestly...I fell asleep. But the boys liked it. After the movie we rode up to Heber and spend the evening with Grandma Dorothy. We cooked her dinner and enjoyed the evening with her. We spent Christmas day relaxing and enjoying the day. It's kind of nice to get it all out of the way early. We didn't have to worry about last minute trips to crowded stores on Christmas Eve and it was wonderful!
Mom and Dad came up to Heber on Christmas day and stayed with Grandma Dorothy. They came up to Pleasant Grove to give us our gifts on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised with "the purse" I was coveting. I love it. Jed got a great new jacket that was badly needed. The boys got MarioKart for the Wii. We can't wait for them to come this weekend so we can open it up and give it a go. We ended up going back down to Heber on Saturday afternoon and were able to visit with Aunt Annette. Aaron, Adam and Val all came down too and we had a great evening visiting with everyone. Mike and Andi were with her family in Phoenix, so we didn't see them until this last weekend when we went down to St. George for the new year.
Speaking of New Year's Eve, we went down on Wednesday night and both worked on Thursday from St. George. We figured out that all three New Year's Eve's we have been together have been spent at my parents house in St. George. I guess it has become a tradition for us? We really didn't do too much. A little hand and foot card game and them some Wii to finish off the night. On New Years Day we drove over to the Valley of Fire State Park. It is out by the Moapa Indian Reservation in Nevada. There are a lot of beautiful rock formations and lots of places to explore. We'll have to go out again when it is a little warmer. We had a fun weekend down in St. George and it makes us miss it all over again. Maybe one day we will be back down there. Overall it was a great ringing in of the new year and we hope to have a wonderful year ahead.
1 comment:
We also got a wii with wii fit. I really like the fit games the best. Geoff etc came over and made mii's. Maggie thought this was a lot of fun. In wii fit, children under 3 years can't do the fit tests. But you can use the board to weigh them. We did this for both Alex and Peter. Funny thing is, the game turn them into babies with bibs. Very cute. Have fun and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment