The new year begins with new hope and treatment options for my infertility. We met today with a Reproductive Endocrinologist to get more in dept care. Luckily for me, I have an awesome OB who has already performed most of the tests the RE would have had us do. We have a couple of blood tests to do and then we are good to go. Jed's brother and sister in law are carriers for Cystic Fibrosis and their first child was born with the disease. We have decided to get tested since there is a possibility of Jed being a carrier. The most frustrating part of all of this is that my infertility is unexplained. The RE didn't see anything that would prevent me from becoming pregnant. For some reason we just haven't been able to get a fix on when/if I am ovulating, so that is where the RE comes in.
We have decided to go ahead and try IUI. What is IUI you ask? (you can click on the link to get a more clinical explanation) It is kind of the same principle as the traditional way to get pregnant. You just get a little help with the process. I have to go in on Saturday for an ultrasound to see if I am on track for ovulation this cycle. If all looks good, I get a shot of hormones which may increase the number of eggs produced and then 36 hours later, they will take a sample from Jed and sort out the good from the bad and then implant them into my uterus via a small catheter. Sounds exciting, I know!
We will keep you posted on our progress. We are hoping to see success on the first try, but know it is not guaranteed. We could use all the prayers you can send our way.
1 comment:
Good luck, you'll be in our prayers. Such a tough, frustrating thing to be going through! We hope this works for you!
Lots of love!
Post a Comment