Wednesday, March 3, 2010
IUI Update
Last month when I went in for a cycle day 3 ultra sound, the doctor found that I had a cyst on my left ovary that was quite large. Because of this he didn't want me to start the Femara. If I did start using it, there was the risk of enlarging the cyst until it burst. I didn't think that sounded like a lot of fun. So, as disappointing as it was not to be able to go to the next step in this journey, it really was the best option. I went in for a cycle day 3 ultra sound yesterday and the cyst has decreased in size from about 3cm to about half that size. The doctor said that is good news and he feels comfortable letting me start the femara. I take that for the next 7 days, then go in for another US to see if I'm on track to ovulate. If all looks good, I'll get an HCG shot that day and then the IUI will be done 36 hours later. So we are playing the waiting game again until next weeks US.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment