I went in for an ultrasound last Thursday to see if the cyst had gotten smaller and to check my overall progress towards being ready for the IUI. Thankfully the cyst had gone from about a 3.5 cm down to half that size. My uterine lining was at a 9.9. Which is great considering two months ago it was at a 4. It has to be between 6-14 for any chance of a viable pregnancy. The last thing the Dr. was looking for was to see if there were any follicles that were ready for ovulation. Things looked good with one large follicle on both sides. I got an HCG shot on Thursday night....which I had to give myself and it made me a little woozy. I'll have to have Jed do it if we have to do this again.
So, with the best possible circumstances, we were able to move forward with the IUI. Jed and I went up to Salt Lake early Saturday morning and went through the whole procedure which took about 2 hours with all of the wait time. Besides a little discomfort that quickly went away, the procedure was really pretty painless. Now we have to wait for two weeks to see if this works and I'm pregnant. This will be the hardest part. I hate waiting and hoping that the whole procedure and all the things we have been doing for the last two months will have worked.
1 comment:
Oh geez, Lori. I've learned more from your blog than I ever did in biology class. :) You are definitely in our prayers.
Post a Comment