Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Odds & Ends

Here is my latest learning experience. We canned peaches this weekend. Luckily my mom was here to lend her expertise to the process. We got two cases of Hurricane peaches last week and have been pretty excited to get them canned. We ended up making peach jam with and without sugar and had a few left over to bottle a few jars of peaches. I think we have already finished off one jar of jam in less than a week. I am loving the jam and am ready for next spring when we can do Strawberry jam next!
Here is my first project for the boys room. This is the start of William's desk. It was painted and kind of antiqued with a brown stain a while back. I no longer use this little vanity table so I'm making it over for the Will. He wants a desk in his room so he can sit and study and read. I plan to get some old maps and modge podge them on the top and then distress the whole thing. Hopefully it all works out. Things always seem to look better in my mind than they do in real life.

No comments: