Wednesday, October 6, 2010

27 1/2 weeks

I had an ultrasound yesterday at my appointment so they could have another look at the heart since they couldn't get a good view last time. There was a new tech in the room for training and as the US tech put it, it was a perfect looking heart for the tech to learn on.

Baby appears to have very chubby cheeks already. He was sucking on the umbilical cord or had his foot in his mouth most of the time. It was so much fun to see him so much more developed now. (click on the photos to see larger image)
The last two shots are 4D shots which I guess are pretty hard to get without looking like an alien baby. So, I'm pretty happy they were able to capture these. His little face is pressed right up against the placenta and he was straight up breech when they were doing the US, which might explain why I hadn't been feeling a lot of kicking the last day or so. I think he has changed position again, as I am feeling tons of kicking and bumping around at the top of my belly again.

The US still shows I'm about a week ahead of schedule. My new "due date" is December 27th. I sure hope we don't have a Christmas baby!

2 comments:

Ali said...

cute baby! those are actually really good 3D shots! How fun that you might not have to be pregnant as long!

Hannah said...

Oh, Lors! I love it that you can see his cute little cheeks!!! I'm so excited for you.