Thursday, October 21, 2010

The List

I think we have narrowed the name list down to the following. Although I'm still not sure I can actually pick a name until we have actually seen the babe in person.

Howard Dean-both of our paternal grandfathers names.
Augustus Howard(Gus)-From the Lonesome Dove series, not Charlie and the Chocolate factory which is what I think of when I hear Augustus. Jed is a huge fan of the Lonesome Dove.
Benjamin Tyler-Our first date was at a great little Thai restaurant in St. George called Benja Thai...a little shout out to that night.
Ethan Howard-Just a name I really like, but Jed wants the middle name to be Alan. Kind of like the store, but spelled differently.

So what do you think???

3 comments:

Alan Ray Eggleston said...

Augustus? People would call him Augie.
I really like the name Ethan. Alan may not be a good middle name though.

Carmen said...

How did I miss this post?! Okay so my vote is for Benjamin Tyler, don't know why but I love the way it sounds. I also love the name Dean, we even contemplated making that Logan's first name but tossed it in the middle becuase Brett wanted Logan more. Isn't it so fun/nerve wracking to pick out names?

Hannah said...

So it would be super cute to call a baby "Gus-Gus" like on Cinderella, but that wouldn't be so cute when he's older than three. All of them are great, but I like Ethan the bestest. I will actually like whatever you chose the bestest because it will fit the little guy best.