I ended up buying the cake from Costco because honestly, I just didn't have the energy to bake a cake and decorate it too. I found an image on Google and printed it out and just kind of winged it from there and made the Thomas image from fondant. It turned out OK. I could have done better if I took more time and Baden hadn't stuck his fingers in it multiple time. Overall, I'm happy with it and Baden was ecstatic about it.
We celebrated his birthday with the Anderson family on the Sunday before his birthday. It was fun because this is the first year he really understands presents and stuff. He really had a lot of fun being sung to and opening presents. Here is a video of his big present from dad and mom. He was upset that we were pulling him away from his other presents...until he figured out what it was. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to turn the video.
We also celebrated his birthday down in St. George at my parents house. His first birthday they have actually been able to celebrate with him. We had cake and presents there too. Needless to say, the boy was a bit spoiled.
Baden is growing up so fast. It seems like his just arrived and now here he is, a little person with his own personality and opinions. He is a smart little tyke. Always keeping us on our toes. We love this little boy very much and are so happy to celebrate another year of his life.

No comments:
Post a Comment