Monday, January 5, 2009

The Biggest Loser

We are going to do our own family "biggest loser" this year. Jed and I have been saying for weeks we need to get back to the gym. His membership expired and I have just been lazy. We are now to the point that none of our clothes fit!!! Jed may not care as much since he works from home and can wear his sweat pants that do fit. I on the other hand, have to squeeze into my clothes every morning and believe me, it is not pretty! We were talking about it while we were down at my parents and they agreed to join us in our challenge to see who can be the biggest loser this year. Be patient with us, it may take us all year to get down to our desired weight...we have a lot to lose.

--We had an official weigh in on Saturday at the clinic, insuring a reliable measurement of our starting weight. ouch is right!

--We begin the actual competition today, Jan. 5. I hate diets...I am not dieting. I am adhering to a healthy eating and exercise plan. Each of us will be responsible to individually craft our own plan to decrease the poundage. The whole purpose of this is to lose weight in a healthy way and change our lifestyle.

--We will weigh in once a week and use the same scale for each weigh in. (well, obviously Jed and I will have to use our scale at home. We won't be going to St. George every weekend, now will we?) Our scale is pretty accurate compared to the clinic scale, so I think we are OK there.

So, there you have it. I will be happily rekindling my relationship with the gym today after work. One day down...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good for you Lori! Trent and I also decided to lose some weight. I haven't done Weight Watchers since before the Munchkin was born and have gained about 25 pounds in the last 8 months!! Ouch!! So, we are both doing WW and will start the gym soon. I can't go until the little guy is 6 months old, which will be another week or so. Good luck and I'll watch your progress!!

Hannah said...

Good job, Lors. What's the prize for the biggest loser? I think it should be a cruise. I think we need to do the same here ...