Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sluggish

I have felt pretty sluggish the last couple weeks. I don't know...maybe I'm getting too comfortable with my "pregnancy" related excuses and have let the laziness take over too much. But now that we are 4 months away from the big arrival, I'm feeling the time crunch. BIG TIME. I want to make sure we have everything ready in plenty of time before I get so big I can't do anything. If that time ever comes...I still haven't gained any weight and although I'm feeling more pregnant, I still don't really look much different. Luckily the baby seems to be very healthy and my Dr. is not at all concerned about my lack of weight gain. I will go in this week for a check-up and that ultrasound to get a look at the heart that we couldn't see last time. I'm feeling more kicking...feels kind of like little gas bubbles popping to me. Sometimes it's pretty persistent and I poke back to put him in his place. Ha, Ha. So with the time crunch here are the projects I will be working on in the next few weeks...
1. Get crib from Aunt Chris. Clean it up and make sure bedding fits. We got the bedding. It's not any of the choices I pictured on here before. I found a cute little jungle theme that has a lot of bright colors. Blues, greens, yellow, red, orange. I love it because it will be pretty easy to decorate with.
2. Get Rocker Glider ready to rock and roll. We found a great little rocker on KSL.com for $15. It's not real fancy or high end, but will work great for rocking the babe to sleep. I'm going to clean it up and give it a quick sand down and then put a new coat of stain on it. I've also got some fabric to re-cover the seat cushions.
3. Get Will's desk painted and set up. William wanted a desk in his room and we happened to have a little vanity type table that I am no longer using. So, I will be painting this and then doing a map theme on top with old maps from a book I found at Deseret Industries and modge podge. Yep, I'm SUPER CRAFTY!
4. There is also a little side table in Will's room that needs to be sanded down and stained. This has been on the list for a while, so since I am doing the other things, I'll get this done too.
5. I have a couple of other little craft projects in the works that include modge podge, craft paper that matches the color scheme of the baby bedding.

I'll take some before and after photos and post them when I'm done. This should keep me busy for a couple of weeks. I'm sure it will feel good to get something done and feel like we actually have a place to keep this kid when he finally comes.

1 comment:

Ali said...

There's always so much to do! I have lists and lists, but reality means I rarely get to them. Good for you for getting your craft on!
We're excited to see you this week!