Monday, November 8, 2010

Ultrasound Stats-32 Weeks

So I went in for the ultrasound today to check weights and measurements to make sure all is well. And it appears it is. I'm just a crazy mama who can't gain weight(when I should be) I guess.

heart rate: 138 BPM
amniotic fluid: 17 (normal range is 7-20)
cervix is closed and should stay that way for another month
baby's body is measuring at about 33 wks and 5 days
baby's head is measuring at about 34 wks and a few days. Nothing to worry about there. They say it is probably just genetics...dad does have a big noggin.
approximate weight: a little over 4 lbs., give or take a couple of pounds as ultrasounds are not really accurate at measuring weight.
baby is positioned comfortably(for him, not mom) with his head at the top of my abdomen and legs right at the cervix.

The US tech said all looks good and will give the results to my Dr. to review. In the meantime I have been trying to make sure I am staying well hydrated. I guess that helps braxton hicks to occur less often. I'm also trying to keep the body fueled with some good proteins. My latest snack addiction is cottage cheese mixed with a little mild salsa and eaten with tortilla chips.

No comments: